We hope that you, your families and loved ones are staying healthy during this challenging time
for everyone. It is especially challenging for those of us in healthcare. Here at Maine Eye, we are:
- Accepting referrals for all types of office visits and surgical procedures.
- Practicing social distancing by making pre-registration calls to ensure we have all of the necessary information for your visit before you arrive.
- Safeguarding our patients, providers and staff when delivering in-person services.
We continue to learn more and more with each passing day and have created a COVID-19 task-force made up of physicians, administrators, and nurses who are carefully monitoring the changes recommended by the CDC, the WHO, and the American Academy of Ophthalmology. Our precautions are frequently changing but currently include:
- Telephone screening for COVID-19 symptoms.
- Masking staff and patients.
- Social distancing in waiting areas.
- Requests to not have family or caregivers accompany patients unless required.
- Fastidious cleaning of all patient care areas and equipment.
We are seeing patients at both our Lowell Street and Marginal Way locations. Maine Eye continues to support our community by:
- Providing coverage and resources to our referring practices.
- Covering Maine Medical Center Emergency and inpatient services.
Maine Eye continues our commitment to the community by serving as Maine Medical Centers only on-call ophthalmology provider for both Emergency Room and Hospital consults.
- Accepting referrals for more routine care.
We will continue to book new appointments as they are requested.
We are incredibly grateful to our staff and their commitment to caring for our patients during this difficult time. We are proud of Maine Eye’s role in responding to this crisis.
We also appreciate your understanding regarding changes to your care schedules which may have been impacted.