Maine Eye Center
The Ophthalmic Imaging Technician is responsible for capturing various diagnostic images to aid providers in diagnosis and treatment of patients. This position generally works normal business hours Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Flexibility in schedule and transportation is needed from time to time in order to meet business goals and provide exceptional patient service. Additional duties include reporting equipment issues and communicating with doctors regarding diagnostic tests.
Responsibilities include and are not limited to:
- Capturing OCT imaging, mydriatic and non-mydriatic ophthalmic photography and fundus autofluorescence
- Maintaining efficient flow in the camera department
- Compiling testing based on provider orders
- Importing historical imaging, provider photography, and creating DVD records as requested by patient and providers
- Communicating directly with providers regarding testing and concerns
- Assisting with clinic demands when not actively working in Camera Department
- Knowing and following all safety policies and procedures
- Following proper workplace ergonomics
- Reporting any unsafe acts or workplace conditions
- Ensuring HIPAA compliance
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
Minimum of two years of experience in the ophthalmic or medical field working with patients and Electronic Medical Records. Intermediate expertise with Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook, and keyboarding. Demonstrated experience working in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment. Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to speak clearly and concisely with team members, patients, and physicians is required. Ability to exercise appropriate judgment, initiative, and possess creative problem-skills. Ability to learn and operate multiple patient databases and device software. Ability to accept and build upon constructive feedback. Experience maintaining high quality work standards and proficiency and accuracy in patient data entry and database maintenance.
High school diploma or equivalent is required.
Required Licenses / Certifications:
- CPR Certification or willingness to gain CPR Certification within six months of hire.
- OCT-C Certification within two years of hire.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $19.34 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday