100% Blade Free LASIK Laser Vision Correction
You Could be the “i” in iLASIK
LaserVision at Maine Eye is proud to be the first to offer iLASIK technology in Maine. iLASIK is the latest and most advanced LASIK eye surgery combining VISX and Intralase technology by Johnson&Johnson. Although most people that had traditional LASIK had no problems whatsoever, ophthalmologists and engineers were eager to make vision correction procedure even better. With over a decade of research and clinical results, LASIK Doctors and industry experts sought a more predictable solution. iLASIK now provides this solution. By combining CustomVue wavefront technology with VISX™ Star4 active tracking capability and a blade-free femtosecond laser for an ALL-laser LASIK, we can now achieve a more precise result. The technology used in the iLASIK procedure has been thoroughly tested and scrutinized, and it is clear that iLASIK truly represents a technological combination unmatched in vision correction.
Because the iLASIK procedure has brought together a unique combination of technology that leads to more predictable results, NASA and the United States Navy both endorse iLASIK as the preferred method of vision correction. It was not until LASIK was developed into an ALL-LASER method using a femtosecond laser for the cutting of the corneal flap that NASA considered approving LASIK for the eyes of United States Astronauts and space program candidates. The military and NASA together conducted extensive research and thus confirmed the excellent safety record of the Intralase Femtosecond laser.
The Advanced Technology of the iLASIK platform
- VISX Star 4 Excimer Laser with IRIS registration
- The VISX star4 excimer laser is one of the top excimer lasers with superior technology
- CustomVue™wavefrom technology
- Developed from hubble telescope technology wavefront expands treatment zones and helps correct higher order abberrations
- Intralase Blade-FREE laser
- Creates the LASIK flap with a laser instead of blade resulting in a safer LASIK
- Approximately 17 million LASIK procedures have been performed to date, making it the most common elective vision procedure in the U.S. In fact, all branches of the U.S. military and NASA recently approved LASIK for their servicemen and women, thanks to studies using iLASIK technology.
- If you are between the ages of 21 and 55 and wear glasses of contact lenses to correct myopia, hyperopia, or astigmatism you may be a candidate for the iLASIK procedure
If you were not a candidate for LASIK eye surgery prior to iLASIK you could possibly now be a candidate. With wavefront technology and bladeless mircokeratome technology, the doors are now open for some previously unqualified candidates. If you were previously determined to be a LASIK candidate you will most likely also be a candidate for iLASIK. There are some conditions that exclude patients from surgery, however, if you have nearsightedness, farsightedness or astigmatism there is a solid chance that you will be an iLASIK candidate.
Steps to iLASIK
- Take iLASIK self-Evaluation TEST
- Determine your candidacy at your free iLASIK Screening
- Have a comprehensive consultation with a certified iLASIK provider
- Discuss payment options or financing
- Schedule surgery